- Especially in the Closed Beta of L.A.W it's one of our main targets to report last bugs to the developers so that they can solve them as fast as possible.
But due to our experience we also know, that many players often don't know, how to report a bug correctly, so that it can be forwarded without any detours. This is what we'd like to explain you with that guide and ask you specifically to consider these advises.
What should be posted in the Bug Forums, what not?
- In this sub forum we only care for problems, which are affecting at least a bigger part of the players and which are fully reproducable. For all other issues please open a topic in our support forum or contact the ticket support.
How to create a report?
- 1. Subject / Short summary
- All attachements, which you add to your report (screenshots, videos), should just reveal the bug and should contribute to the comprehension. To just post screenshots or videos is often not enough.
- Use common data types who are available for everyone.
- Use spoilers in the topics if you show screenshots or videos.
- Only use screenshots or videos where you can really see the bugs, others might lead to confusion.
- The summary of the bug should give a clear overview towards the reader and should sum up the matter. Here the bug doesn't have to be described in detail already.
2. Detailed description
- In this part of your report you should include all important data and details to get it across clearly to the reader. Try to haver as less as possible, formulate short sentences and get to the point fast.
To secure the completeness of the report, it is useful to ask your self the so called "W-Questions" like for instance: Who? What? When? Where? Why? and not in this row but also important: How? Those questions don't need to be awnsered in every report, but they often help to complete the report.
You should also always give us the fraction and character class your are playing if the problem is maybe depending on it. If there are bugs in or around quests you should tell us the Quest-NPC, his location and the exact name of the quest.
Furthermore you should structure your report in a clear form. Stay objective and try to avoid using smilies or useless comments.
3. Screenshots / Videos / other attachements.
How long does a fix need?
- Basically we can never give you an awnser to this question as we don't know how long it takes untill the bug is getting fixed. This depends on the severity and the priority of it. Mostly a lot of bugs seem to be pretty easy to fix, but in reality they need a huge effort to fix them as deep changes in the game are necessary. That's why we always ask you for patience and understanding if a fix takes longer than expeceted.
Thank you very much for your assistance!
L.A.W Quality Assurance (QA) Team