Clarification about real names!

General SOE / ProSiebenSat1 Games topics not covered by the other forums!
Protagonist

Clarification about real names!

Postby Protagonist » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 am

What we did (long time ago):

When a user made a wire transfer and put a wrong or unreadable accound id on the sheet we could not put the money on the account. We had "just" the name of the user who made the wire transfer. If this name was not existing in our DB we asked the user to contact us. It was a service which was in favour and by demand of the users. As wire transfer could take quite long from some countries this list helped the users to get a status.

We tried to find the user who paid us. Something totally different and last option was to send back the money where depending on the country the bank took a cut of the money.

We stopped that payment method long time ago as it was archaic and better methods occured.

Hope that makes it clear for all of you.

P.S: You never could be back with payments at that time as we did not have subscriptions! We never ever did such thing.

magnamundian

Re: Clarification about real names!

Postby magnamundian » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 pm

So you keep this info on your forum in 2012.... why?
All personal information removed from account...
yes that's right, I just spotted your cavalier attitude to data protection! support-f66/open-payments-t12991.html

Mrrshan

Postby Mrrshan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Let me explain this to you people.

If someone wants to hack these people's accounts you sure made their life easy by giving away their names. These days it's every easy to find someone, email addresses and a lot of info based on their real name.
This is why you should NEVER EVER post real names on your public forums. it's a security thing.

That thread has been up there since 2009, seriously, that in itself is an extremely bad thing and I am deeply concerned no one here had anything to say about it.
Eq2 player since 2006
Server - Splitpaw ( and before, the mighty Runnyeye - Yes I still remember it fondly !)

magnamundian

Postby magnamundian » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm still flabbergasted that the thread is still there...

At least edit the 2009 post and remove the contents for securities sake!

Unreal!
All personal information removed from account...
yes that's right, I just spotted your cavalier attitude to data protection! support-f66/open-payments-t12991.html

safase412

Postby safase412 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:57 am

Protagonist wrote:What we did (long time ago):

When a user made a wire transfer and put a wrong or unreadable accound id on the sheet we could not put the money on the account. We had "just" the name of the user who made the wire transfer. If this name was not existing in our DB we asked the user to contact us. It was a service which was in favour and by demand of the users. As wire transfer could take quite long from some countries this list helped the users to get a status.

We tried to find the user who paid us. Something totally different and last option was to send back the money where depending on the country the bank took a cut of the money.

We stopped that payment method long time ago as it was archaic and better methods occured.

Hope that makes it clear for all of you.

P.S: You never could be back with payments at that time as we did not have subscriptions! We never ever did such thing.

Willisagenius

Postby Willisagenius » Wed May 02, 2012 6:21 am

magnamundian wrote:So you keep this info on your forum in 2012.... why?
僕みたいなsexy boysが集まるバーで

Scarfee2 wrote:Only person I hug is Willi. .-.

Divinde wrote:besides everyone knows willi like decks

AuresTheOne wrote:I love you Willibby.

CEDXW

Postby CEDXW » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:58 pm

aw yes

Return to General Discussion